Me!

Me!
Me!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Crazy Chicken Makes for Yummy Lunch!

My kids and I just finished having a delicious meal from El Pollo Loco. I love this place! Some consider it fast food because they get it to you quickly, but it doesn't copare to the grease-laden, high sodium meals you find at McDonalds, Burger King or KFC. The chicken is grilled to perfection and if you're like me and prefer for your kids to eat really healthy, you can take the skin off and it will still taste delicious. 

The chicken is served fresh and comes right off the bone and onto your tortilla so you can make delicious tacos --- yummy!

We go to this place at least once a week and I love that every single location I've ever visited has a drive-through windowEl Pollo Loco. That's a huge plus for a mom with two toddlers and for any other mom who doesn't want to unload everyone and load them back up into the car just because she doesn't feel like cooking dinner.

Some people think this place must serve unhealthy food because it's so cheap, (I spend about $10 on a meal for the three of us) but it's stuff I would serve at home; chicken, tortillas (you choose flour or corn), and side dishes that include pinto beans, rice, corn on the cob, garden salad (try the creamy cilantro dressing, it's to die for!), steamed veggies, and sweet corn cake. Okay, the sweet corn cake is not exactly guilt-free, but it's so tasty!

One word of caution: make sure you visit what I call a "legit" Pollo Loco, some are now trying to save on something (I'm not sure if it's time or money), by first baking their chicken and then putting it on the grill. This makes the chicken dry and taste nothing like the real thing. Just call ahead to ask which method they use.

Check out their menu and find a location near you: http://www.elpolloloco.com/default.aspx.

Buen provecho!

2 comments:

  1. Yum, I'm going to have to try this now. The drive through is a plus too... none of the taquerias around me have a drive through.

    ReplyDelete