Me!

Me!
Me!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sound Sleep

I have a problem. A sad, sad problem that affects my everyday life... I'm a super light sleeper. Everything wakes me up; a drawer opening, a car door closing, someone sneezing, a clock ticking, a bird chirping. I have actually uttered the words "Stop breathing!" To my husband because even that wakes me up at times. Seriously!

But years ago I found this beauty...



Brookstone calls it Sleep Sound Therapy. I call it My Dream Machine. It's essentially a miracle made by mankind to help people like me sleep through the night. This little wonder offers, according to Brookstone's website, "seven clinically engineered sounds developed by the Center of Neuroacoustic Research." Center of Neuroacoustic Research, I love you! 


I've cycled through the different sounds; thunder, unwind, stream, but for me, the ultimate sound is "white noise." Ah, how I love that sssshhhhhhh sound in my head all night! It makes my brain feel fuzzy and warm and the sleep just comes and suddenly I don't hear crickets chirping, car alarms going off, dogs barking, and my husband can breath


I also love this little box because it lets me set a 30, 60 or 90 minute timer for nap time. Yes, my nap time -- I listen to the advice "sleep when your kids do." The sound tapers off slowly so that I wake up gently instead of jumping out of bed with my heart pounding like I do when my alarm goes off. 


My kids have been sleeping with this machine turned on since they were babies and I don't have to worry so much about them getting woken up by outside noise. 


For me, two things would make this product better. First, a timer that would let me set it for night sleep, so I could wake up gently every morning, not just at nap time. Second, the option "car sound," because I love, love, love to fall asleep in a moving car. 


Two decades of research went into making this puppy so don't knock the $129 price tag on it until you've slept a night with it on your nightstand. I guarantee you won't want to return it. Really, I would pay double that amount a week just to get some uninterrupted sleep. Plus I've had my dream machine for years without any problems. 


If you're looking for a way to sleep soundly, I highly recommend this product! 


Product link:
http://www.brookstone.com/tranquil-moments-sound-machines-for-sleep?bkiid=SearchResults|CategoryProductList|596841p







2 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! My baby is a light sleeper too and she sleeps with the fan every night...I will give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll love that you can pack this easily and that it can use batteries so you can even use it in the car if you want!

    ReplyDelete